Thursday, March 26, 2015

The Dauntless Oracle's "Domain Authority"

Don't believe me? Search any website's domain authority ranking here.


As I just started this website a couple of weeks ago, I'm still in the preliminary stages of developing it into a full-fledged site. While I was in the process of researching the process of gaining website traffic using SEO techniques, I stumbled upon a metric that essentially measures the authority and overall quality of the content and layout of a website. Because of the fact that I have just (very) recently created this site, obviously I was assuming that this metric would show that I have a virtually nonexistent authority as of yet.

So you can understand how shocked I was to see the results of the test: 93. Out of 100 possible. On a logarithmic scale (i.e. it is increasingly more difficult by a power of 10 for each interval; moving from 20 to 30 is much easier than from 80 to 90). 

Just thought I'd share. This is a very encouraging revelation and I am pleased that, at least quantitatively speaking, it is good to have some feedback and know that at least some people are finding this to be interesting and/or helpful in any way. 

Which means that I will definitely continue to expand and grow the content of this site. Subscribe if you'd like updates or notifications to article postings. Or if you don't necessarily want all that, but you still enjoy some of the content or think others would, feel free to share on social media (links in right sidebar)!



No comments:

Post a Comment